- Workshop proposal submission deadline:
December 9, 2022
- Workshop acceptance notification:
December 16, 2022
- Workshop dates: June 19 and June 23, 2023
Aims and Scope
The 9th IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2023) will be held on June 19 - 23, 2023 in Madrid, Spain. IEEE NetSoft has been created as a flagship conference aimed at addressing the softwarization of networks and the convergence of Cloud Computing, Software-Defined Networking (SDN), and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
IEEE NetSoft invites proposals for full-day or half-day workshops. The purpose of the workshops is to complement the conference program with in-depth discussions that are dedicated to emerging topics on Network Softwarization such as network cloudification and edge computing, Open RAN and RAN intelligence, programmability of Time-Sensitive Networks, AI-assisted network automation, data-plane programmability etc. Proposals from both industry and academia are welcome. Accepted and presented workshop papers will be published in the conference proceedings and will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore.
Each NetSoft 2023 workshop proposal must be submitted in a single PDF file and must include:
- Name and abbreviation of the workshop.
- Names, addresses, and short bio of the main organizers.
- A brief description (1 page) of the technical focus addressed by the workshop, reasons why the workshop is timely and relevant to NetSoft 2023 and its main theme: “Boosting Future Networks through Advanced Softwarization”.
- Likely contributors and targeted audience.
- Publicity and advertising plan to attract paper submissions and attendees.
- A description of past events of the workshop, including statistics of submitted/accepted papers and attendee numbers (if applicable).
- A draft CFP including title, description, topics and important dates.
- Other logistics: half-day or full day workshop and an indication whether there is a preference for Monday June 19 or Friday June 23.
Please submit workshop proposals via email with the subject line “IEEE NETSOFT 2023 WORKSHOP PROPOSAL”, to the workshop program co-chairs:
Topics of NetSoft 2023
For reference, Netsoft 2023 will highlight the theme “Boosting Future Networks through Advanced Softwarization”, covering topics that include the following:
- Machine and deep learning for network resilience, security and orchestration;
- Programmable SDN and NFV: languages and architectures;
- Softwarized cloud, fog, and edge infrastructures;
- Cognitive and autonomic networking;
- AI techniques to support network automation;
- Big data analytics for managing softwarized networks;
- Network slicing and slice management;
- Mobility management in softwarized networks;
- Policy-based and intent-based Networking;
- Centralized vs distributed control, management & orchestration;
- Abstractions and virtualization of resources, services and functions;
- Service Function Chaining;
- Container/microservice-based network functions;
- Efficient network/service monitoring in SDN/NFV;
- QoS and QoE in softwarized infrastructures;
- Resilience, reliability, and robustness of softwarized networks;
- Network softwarization for 5G;
- Network management at the edge for low-latency services;
- Cooperative multi-domain, multi-tenant SDN/NFV environments;
- Security, Safety, Trust and Privacy in virtualized environments;
- SDN switch/router architecture and design;
- Dynamic resource discovery and negotiation schemes;
- Lifecycle management of network software;
- DevOps methodologies for network softwarization;
- Debugging and introspection of software-defined systems;
- Softwarized platforms for Internet of Things (IoT);
- Energy-efficient and green software-defined infrastructures (SDI);
- Transition strategies from existing networks to SDN/NFV;
- New value chains and service models enabled by softwarization;
- Socio-economic impact and regulations for softwarization;
More details about submissions are available at:
- Chrysa Papagianni, University of Amsterdam,The Netherlands
- Hassnaa Moustafa, Intel Corporation, USA
- Barbara Martini - Universitas Mercatorum, Italy
- Carlos Jesus Bernardos - University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain